Our young people come 2.6 years behind their peers in math, and 2.1 years behind in reading. But with Mercy Home’s help, they gain ground: in one year at Mercy Home, they gain on average: 1.6 years in math and 1.5 years in reading. In addition:
- 100% attended school regularly
- 98% advanced a grade level
- 96% of our 8th + 12th graders graduated
- 92% of our high school seniors graduated
- 89% worked at least a part-time job
- 94% of those held that job for at least 6 months
To help them achieve academically, Mercy Home:
- Conducts base-line testing on each child upon admission to understand their true grade level in the critical subject areas of math and reading.
- Places each child in the best possible school that meets his or her specific educational needs.
- Forms an individually-tailored educational plan for each child with goals and timetables Proctors computerized learning in math and reading.
- Maintains fully-equipped learning centers on each campus
- Provides tutors and study time 5 nights a week.
- Provides an extensive catalogue of AfterSchool learning programs and interest-based electives taught at Mercy Home by qualified educators.
- Helps young people secure jobs and internships with their partners in the business community.
- Provides more scholarships for AfterCare members to support continued success after the Home.