Our young people come to us with a wide variety of challenges:
- Low self-esteem and depression
- Academic issues, such as failing grades, poor attendance, or disciplinary problems
- Pressure from gangs or neighborhood violence
- Relational difficulties with adults or siblings
- Abuse, abandonment or neglect
- Family members who are in jail or on drugs
The common thread that connects our children to Mercy Home is that they have experienced trauma and that they are committed to changing their lives.